Cedarwood Country Club is proud to introduce Leigh Hawkins, owner of CFS "Certified Fitness Systems, as our Fitness Director.
Leigh has 26+ years of experience in the personal training industry. A lifelong athlete, he earned a M.S. degree in exercise physiology and has completed multiple fitness certifications. He has the distinction of being only one of a handful of MAT™ (Muscle Activation Technique) specialists in the region. MAT is a therapeutic approach designed to identify and correct muscular imbalances that contribute to chronic pain, tightness, and injury. Along with his extensive education and experience, Leigh’s concern for each individual’s physical well-being motivates him to provide an unparalleled level of service.
Leigh has owned and operated CFS, a personal training studio in SouthPark, for over 17 years. There are no membership fees, just the cost of your training services and a commitment to transform your body. CFS offers a non-intimidating personal training environment in a private setting, where you receive the one-on-one attention you deserve.
Before beginning an exercise program, Leigh performs a thorough evaluation to identify any muscular imbalances. This process allows him to design exercises that are tailored to your particular ability – not focused on the latest fitness craze. He is constantly monitoring exercise technique and control, using hands-on instruction and verbal cues, to lessen the risk of injury and increase the benefits of exercise. Leigh’s positive energy, creativity, and desire to provide an unbelievable exercise experience, makes the commitment to exercise fun and rewarding.
The CFS Services
- Personalized Fitness Plans.
- Muscle Activation Technique.TM
- Core Strengthening.
- Balance + Flexibility.
- Individual or Semi-Private Sessions.
- Rehabilitation Therapy.
- CORE Training
- Strength & Flexibility
- Nutritional Guidance/Weight Loss
- Kettlebell Training
Meet our Trainer, Leigh Hawkins
- 26+ Years Experience
- B.S. and M.S. in Exercise Physiology
- Certified Specialist, Muscle Activation TechniqueTM
- Resistance Training Specialist
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, NSCA
- Health & Fitness Instructor, ACSM
- Certified Personal Trainer, NASM
- 11 - Time Southern Conference Track & Field Champion
- 2007 Appalachian State University Hall of Fame Inductee
- Outdoor enthusiast and father of two active, athletic boys
To learn more about Leigh Hawkins and the services he provides, please visit his website - www.certifiedfitnesssystems.com.
Leigh Hawkins contact, firstname.lastname@example.org